You will require this licence if you intend to deal in motor vehicles in Western Australia. Motor vehicles include cars, motorcycles, commercial vehicles, trucks, caravans and campervans.
This licence covers the following categories:
- vehicle sales - buying, selling and auctioning vehicles other than motorcycles, caravans or campervans
- motorcycle sales - buying, selling and auctioning motorcycles
- caravan sales - buying, selling and auctioning caravans and campervans
- vehicle wrecker (dismantler) - buying any vehicles for the purpose of dismantling them and selling off the parts
- vehicle broker / agent - acting as an agent to facilitate the selling or purchase of any vehicles on behalf of members of the public
- vehicle hire and sales - hiring out vehicles, buying vehicles for hiring out, and selling and auctioning any vehicles that have been hired out by the dealer.