You will require this licence if you intend to operate as a bookmaker. A bookmaker provides wagering (betting) services to the general public at race courses or sporting grounds.
Licences are available for individuals, partnerships and body corporate.
In order to conduct the activities of a bookmaker at a specific racing course or sporting ground you must also have received permission from the authority that controls the course or grounds.
Please consult the Contact Officer for further information.
To be eligible for this licence you must:
- Be 18 years of age or over;
- Provide any documentation required by the Agency;
- Submit to a National Police Check;
- Have knowledge of the business of bookmaking;
- Not be a member of a partnership or occupy a position of authority within a body corporate that already holds a Bookmaker's Licence; and
- Be fit and proper person.
If you intend to be a member of a partnership or occupy a position of authority within a body corporate you will need the approval of the Agency.
Please consult directly with the Contact Officer for further information on any eligibility requirements specific to your approval.
Betting Control Act 1954
Betting Control Regulations 1978
Gaming and Wagering Commission
Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor
87 Adelaide Terrace
PO Box 6119
Telephone: (08) 9425 1888
Fax: (08) 9325 1041
Toll Free: 1800 634 541