You will need to comply with this standard if you operate an amusement structure at your workplace or you intend to design amusement structures.
If you operate an amusement structure at your workplace you must ensure that it is operated, maintained and inspected in accordance with this standard. If you intend to design amusement structures, you must ensure that you design them in accordance with this standard in order for the design to be registered.
Amusement structure means equipment operated for hire or reward which provides entertainment or amusement through movement of the equipment, or part of the equipment, or when passengers travel on, around or along the equipment or move the equipment. Examples might include ferris wheels or carousels.
This standard specifies requirements for the design, construction, operation, maintenance and inspection of amusement structures. The standard has multiple parts. The specific versions of the parts you are required to comply with (where relevant) are:
- AS 3533.1 1997 Amusement Rides and Devices - Design and Construction
- AS 3533.1 Supplement 1 2003
- AS 3533.2 1997 Amusement Rides and Devices - Operation and Maintenance
- AS 3533.2 1997 Supplement 1 1997
- AS 3533.3 2003 Amusement Rides and Devices - In-Service Inspection
- AS 3533.4.1 2005 Amusement Rides and Devices - Specific Requirements - Land-borne Inflatable Devices.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.